March 23, 2014

Welcome to the family...

Parker.

Parker Isaac Allen Hughes. Believe me, we tried to pick just one name for the middle. Wasn't happening.

Parker was 8 lbs, 21 inches. He is so perfect, it's almost not real.

I haven't been around alot of babies, but everyone tells me he is the most perfect they've seen. His complexion and features right from birth were perfect to me. I'm sure I'm biased though.

I never knew how much I'd love this kid. As soon as they showed him to me, dancing him out of my belly, I had more love then I knew what to do with. 

March 16th, 2014, our plans for a natural birth were altered. I had been in labor since Thursday night (13th), and in active labor since the 16th at 2am. He came via Caesarian section because as of 9pm, I was not dilating past a 6. I had been at a six since 3pm. He was stuck, and it was more pain laboring through a transition than I'd ever felt with anything. Determined not to have pain meds, at that point I was wore out. But once we had the c section talk with dr laws, 9:00 was here and we were rolling into the OR. Kelly was sent with me, donned in scrubs and the cutest hat you'll ever see (pix below ). I was trying not to hyperventilate. We had a blessing from God, her name was Emily. Emily was the best anesthesiologist around. My doula Jodie, who had been there through everything, said she was a Godsend. She was. Emily made me calm, and when she put the spinal block in, I barely felt anything. Praise God. Once they started, it was the most surreal thing I'd ever seen felt or heard. I could feel the pulling and tugging of the instruments, and I could here the clipping/etc (won't go into details...)
Once he was out though, all worth it. They danced him out of my belly and lowered the curtain so I could see just him. Kelly and Emily kept me calm through the whole thing also, so I was not hysterical evaluate of the noises or tugs I was feeling. God helped me through it, and I will be forever grateful. 

Once done with that, they held him to my cheek once he was cleaned up. I will never forget the soft cheek against mine and what that sweet baby felt like. No other feeling in the world can beat that one. Kelly was then able to take him out to the waiting room to show everyone. Mom said he was so proud, and looked like a daddy. He is such a great daddy. Kelly said he felt instant love wash over him too as soon as he saw them dance Parker out of my belly. So cool.

Once out of the OR, I had the shakes and itching sensation that is normal with the anesthesia. They sent me back to a room, and one by one I got to see everyone. Finally, I got to go to my real room, and then we were able to get Parker back. At that time he did not have a name, and it took us up until the last day to decide on his name. Parker was so perfect for him though, it fits his face for some reason. Isaac means laughter, and I could not leave that out because of the laughter I felt when I found out I was having him, and at the end when nothing went right ( well, so I thought according to "my" plans, not Gods). God showed me through this that I need to be like Abraham, giving up everything, even my son, to him so he can work in powerful ways. Thank you God for my wonderful baby. I just finished nursing him, and never in a million years did I ever think I'd be a mom; but it is the best occupation I have or will ever have.






No comments: