June 16, 2010

Da Kine

As I sit here listening to traffic sounds outside of my window in California, I am reflecting on my trip thus far. So far, I have been blessed by God's faithfulness, and have not had a rough trip. I was dreading the 24+ hour drive, but I was able to sleep through a lot of it, drive some of it (4 hours straight! It's a record!), and the other portion was spent admiring God's creation that I had never seen before. I think it first hit me in New Mexico when the mountains started popping out of the ground how beautiful it really was.

New Mexico was fun, we stopped on the side of the road once to take a picture with lava rock.
Arizona (my favorite state), is where we spent the night. We stopped in chilly Williams right out side of Flagstaff to stay the night. God did a cool thing here. We didn't know where we would be staying, dad just called his agent and said 'book us a room and tell us where we are going, I don't really want to deal with it", and the agent booked us a room in an amazing place. It was a ranch resort, with horses, basketball court, and heated swimming pool and hot tub. Ahh it was a nice surprise. I love the smell of horses in the dry air. Dad went running when he woke up that morning and he said he saw an elk.

Next destination, Norco. Norco stands for 'North Corona' and it is a town in California. I am in love with this town. Wanna know why? Because it is a town with nothing but horse people. The whole town is dedicated to horses. When you come into the town (and it is a large town btw), you do not see sidewalks, but rather horse back riding dirt 'trails' down the roads. The houses there are small, with half acre lots, but in their backyards every one of them had a pasture (a mini pasture) with atleast one horse in it. Pretty amazing. Their shopping centers there are nothing but horse shopping also. This was my favorite part. There was a huge store dedicated to consigned saddles and tack. Ahh Heaven.

No comments: