December 27, 2010

I love my job!

I love my job.
I'm in a thankful mood today, I think because it's my last day working at Paradise Farms. This last week has been great working there, and I am sad that it is ending.
My Job: I get to be farm manager/caretaker for usually around 1-2 weeks while owners of farms in the area are on vacation. I love it because I am always at a different place, meeting new animals (which they all have different personalities, and I love discovering all of them during my stay), and sometimes I get to stay there and house sit as well. This job is perfect for me because I love traveling, always being on the go, and animals are where my heart is. I love taking care of them, loving on them, and it is so rewarding to know that you are being trusted with someone's operation while they are gone. It is always nice to meet with the people a day or so after and see if everything was left like they wanted and that everyone is still ok.
My other part time work is giving riding lessons. Lately I have not been doing as much of that because of the weather and circumstances, but I love doing that as well. Well, I guess I should say that I love teaching the horse crazy kids that I have as students. They are so much fun because they soak up all the information you give them, and they are eager to take care of the horse as well as learn to ride. I have cut back on my number of students that I have been taking though because I get a little burnt out on it when the kids aren't horse crazy and when their parents are difficult to communicate with on scheduling and payment. If they are horse crazy though, then it's a different story.

Ok, well I am off to take a nap! Mmm I love Christmas break :)
-Bri

No comments: