December 17, 2010

It's not all hunky dory..

Tonight was fun.

Up until we went to Waffle House at midnight. Never again will I go to the one on 71 late at night.
What happened: We were sitting in a booth, me and Chris on one side, Taylor and Mason on the other side, and Caleb pulled up a chair to the booth. We had eaten and were just sitting around talking when these high/drunk/whatever 2 guys came in. There was also a lady with them, but she was not drunk. One guy was younger, I'd say about 27, and the other guy was about 45-50 (really tall and scary looking). They kept cursing and carrying on about only God knows what, and then the scary guy stands up and goes to the bathroom. As he is coming back, he passes Caleb and says "Punk" under his breath.. Caleb didn't hear him though, so he turned around and said "What?" (not in a rude way though). The guy comes up to Caleb and starts saying "I'm going to f-ing slit your throat, you bleepity bleep". He then grabbed Caleb's neck and starts shoving him out of his chair. He let go, and then he leans across me, to Mason, and tries to head but him. Mason just stayed cool, and we were all calm, but he kept saying stuff about slitting their throats and calling them names and asking if we had a problem with him. Then he really got angry, said "I don't like you, you f-ing whatever", and wanted to fight. The lady stepped in and told him to get his a** to the car, and she kept apologizing saying that he usually doesn't get this drunk. He kept trying to come back, and then these nice (but scary also) looking guys came up and pushed him back. He shoved him to the floor, knocking the lady, the other young guy, and the guy who was trying to help us down to the floor. They eventually paid and then left.

I don't know why this has affected me so much tonight. It made me shake and cry. All I could think was "He has a gun, or a knife, and he's going to pull it any second now and take out some pent up drunk anger on us". I was mostly afraid for Mason and Caleb, for some reason he didn't want to have an issue with Chris (thank goodness). It just reminded me how scary people can be when satan gets a hold of them through liquor- or any medium really- to mess with them and others. Evil exists. It's a scary thing. I am glad that I have God on my side and that he will take care of me no matter what- even if I do die. If I die, that would actually be the best thing that could happen to me. Like Paul said, "To live is Christ, to die is gain". Meaning, to live we get to live out Christ, but if we die we get to go to heaven and be with God- which is the ultimate reward.

It also made me very thankful for my parents. My mom has always been super cautious with me. This situation made me realize that maybe she is right- anything can happen, you never know, and we need to take as many precautions as we can.

Thank's God for saving us and protecting us tonight. Thanks for friends who would have protected me and Taylor if anything would have happened. (at least they said that after the fact that they would have- I don't know if those scardey cat boys would have done anything or not haha).

Just got a phone call. Chris is one of the sweetest guys ever. He called to make sure I was ok, and told me to watch Pride and Prejudice to get my mind off of it so I won't have nightmares... sigh. I am blessed with scardy cat awesome guy friends who take care of me- that's nice when I don't have anyone who really fits that job description right now. Even family.. ok we won't get into that here, this is public haha. Even though no one reads this thing. Ok, I'm really leaving this time.
Love,
Bri

No comments: