December 19, 2010

My New Dream

I Had a Dream

Once I used to go on long rides in the woods
I would talk to God and ask him who I was supposed to be.

I loved to laugh, cry, and play
Lived life as full as I knew how
Gave it all I had.

I dreamed a dream, I wished upon many stars,
I prayed to God that He would make it all come true.

But suddenly I grew up
I had no choice but to put up my bluff
Put on a brave face and played it strong.

Inside, I was dying
Along with all my life.

I still laughed, cried, and played
But now it was all a game
Nothing was real, it was just shame.

Then God came.

He was and is, and is to come.
He showed me that all was not lost.

Even though I'd been misused and abused,
I was still alive and would not be abused by my God who loved me so.

He would never give up on me.
Never mistreat me.
Would give me strength no matter what.

Even though my dream was lost,
He gave me a new dream that was better than I had ever dreamt.

I now stand proud for my God who gave me life,
He showed me how to live,
How to dream,
How to be who He wants me to be.

Life is not about me.
Neither is my new dream.


The end.

No comments: